Monday, September 8, 2014

Becoming A Runner

I have finally made one! For the past year, I have been wanting a blog to document my journey with running.  Running is something I have always found interest in, but it definitely does not come easy for me.  Having to build endurance and strength takes a while for me and I definitely don't have that "runner stride" that I so long for!  I wish to use this blog as a way for me to see my progress through running and to share my struggles with those who have the same desire to run but have to work extra hard for their goals.

Now, a little bit about me!

Name: Emalee Haines
Age: 27
Location: Atlanta, GA- but my heart is in WDW

Favorite races:
Peachtree Road Race: Who doesn't love running with 55,000 people through downtown Atlanta celebrating our country's independence?!

runDisney: I ran my first runDisney race November 2013 and I became hooked! What better excuse to go to Disney/train for a half marathon!!

Atlanta Women's 5k: I love any race empowering women! So fun to get out there with so many women from different walks of life all running towards one goal- the finish line!

Upcoming Races:
Reynoldstown 5k- September 13, 2014, Atl, GA
runDisney Tower of Terror 10 Miler- October 4, 2014, WDW
Rise Up & Run 5k- October 18, 2014, Atl, GA
Atlanta 10 Miler- October 26, 2014, Atl, GA
Atlanta Half Marathon- November 27, 2014, Atl, GA


So excited to start this documented journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment